Job: Planning Technician Intern, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA
Come be part of "A Tradition unlike any other!"
Augusta National Golf Club is consistently recognized as one of the finest clubs in the world. Home of the Masters® Tournament, the club facilities include a championship golf course, a par three course, multiple dining rooms, an extensive wine cellar and overnight accommodations for members and their guests.
We have an opportunity on our Campus Development Team for a Planning Technician Intern.
This position fulfills a vital coordination role between the office and field operations. Primary duties include assisting the Horizontal Project Manager and Project Coordinator with daily project duties to include GPS survey work, CAD data entry, GIS data entry, and updating as-built files. A significant amount of time will be spent “on-site” during construction surveying and collecting data. A successful Planning Technician Intern will work closely with the Campus Development Department and select Contractors to facilitate the successful completion of the project.
• Provides CAD support which may include creating, logging, scanning, coding, printing, archiving, and filing of
maps, plans, and as-builts
• Utilizes GPS survey equipment to provide survey points and as-built both existing and new construction
• Use computer aided design (CAD) software to update current as-built maps with new information
• Assists with photo documentation of projects and archiving of those photos
• Assists with project field checks as requested
• Interfaces with project designers, architects, engineers, and project managers and communicates information with
the department staff
• Observe project sites and evaluate contractors’ work
• Assisting in coordinating testing construction materials and soil samples in laboratories
• Help to ensure that project construction conforms to design specifications and applicable codes
• Prepare reports and document project activities and data
• Collect data and prepare analyses
• Set up and help maintain project files and records
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Geography, Urban Planning, or similar desired
• 0-2 years of experience desired
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and AutoCAD
• Ability to understand graphic scales and drawing types
• Ability to learn the Club’s document archival program in order to archive and retrieve documents
• Ability to take field measurements and produce basic plan as-builts
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively meet deadlines
• Ability to multi-task with a high attention to detail
• Proficiency with the Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop highly desired
• Experience using CAD software (Civil 3D) highly desired