Job: GIS Analyst / Programmer, Mason, Bruce & Girard, San Ramon, CA
GIS Analyst / Programmer
San Ramon, CA 94582 United States
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
IT Ecommerce-Web Development
IT Software Development
About the Position
A GIS Analyst provides a full range of GIS services and GIS support to the forestry and environmental services groups at MB&G as well as to external clients. This position requires proficiency in GIS, including but not limited to GIS analysis and programming, ArcGIS Online and mobile data workflows. Work will be performed at our Portland, Oregon headquarters office with potential for occasional travel as projects require. Work is a full-time salaried position.
The GIS Analyst will perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
• GIS analysis: Use standard ArcGIS operations and scripted processes to manipulate and analyze geospatial data to conduct multi-resource analysis in support of planning
o Automation via Python and SQL programming
o Construct and maintain GIS databases.
o Data intake
o Preparation of mobile data schemas
o ArcGIS Online processes and data management
o Data quality control and editing
o Data analytics and reporting
o Interaction with field staff, office staff and project managers
o Understand and utilize metadata to document as well as determine appropriate use of data.
• Contribute to technical reports as required
• Demonstrate GIS products and/or train others in techniques.
• Responsible for accurate and timely deliverables and documentation for all projects.
• Responsible for client satisfaction and delivery of high-quality GIS products.
• Actively promotes MB&G as a premier provider of natural resource consulting services.
In order to excel at the GIS Analyst/Programmer position, you should possess the following skills, experience, and background:
• Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources related field. Master’s degree a plus.
• Work-related experience pertaining to GIS in natural resource highly desired.
• Proficient with Esri’s ArcGIS software 10.3 or later.
• Ability to work effectively within the ArcGIS Online environment
• Intermediate knowledge of GIS concepts and principles.
• Intermediate GIS data modeling and database development skills.
• Intermediate knowledge of GIS data formats.
• Experience with mobile applications.
• Experience using Python, SQL a plus
• Experience using Web AppBuilder or other development tools, a plus.
• Experience with esri Operations Dashboards, a plus
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic and team-oriented individual.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
• Client service oriented.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?