Job: Geospatial Data Management Specialist, GeoSearch, Inc., Denver, CO
Geospatial Data Management Specialist
Denver, CO 80225 United States
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
This position is a one year contract role in Denver, CO. We are seeking a Geospatial Data Management Specialist to work directly with a federal government client at the Federal Center in Lakewood, Colorado. The successful candidate will apply their knowledge of natural resource management and GIS expertise to support landscape level assessment programs and other GIS modernization and EGIS program activities. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of metadata handling and validation and will be responsible for ensuring that metadata flows from publication nodes to data.doi or other partner catalogs.
· Assist with data sharing and data management activities
· Coordinate and conduct the review geospatial data products as directed by the Technical Lead
· Assist with the management of geodatabases in an enterprise environment
· Provide support to client by assisting with the maintenance of the assessment platforms and portals
· Assist with the management of records stored within Geoportal Server
· Work with Task Manager to document the integrity and quality for multiple scales of landscape initiative data
· Responsible for data requirements, standards, access rules, data quality, business rules, and other data activities within their area of expertise
· Assist with the implementation/development of quality assurance and quality control requirements
· Review, create and maintain metadata to the client’s specifications
· Be aware of resource data requirements, standards, access rules, and training
· Work with data stewards and data administrator to interpret business needs into applications and derive data requirements
· Develop spatial models and document existing models so lay users can understand how to use them
· Generate digital map products using current versions of ArcGIS desktop and ArcPro
· Support national metadata validation related activities in formats primarily including FGDC, Dublin Core, ISO, and ArcGIS
· Demonstrate professional expertise of greater than 4 years with of ESRI's suite of desktop GIS software primarily focused on ArcGIS Desktop and extensions such as the FGDC metatdata editor add-in or Spatial Analyst
· Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 3 years publishing geospatial data and metadata for use on desktop and/or the web. The most qualified applicant will be able to highlight in a narrative the pros and cons of working with various metadata formats (e.g., ArcGIS, FGDC).
· Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 3 years working in a multi-user, enterprise Geodatabase environment using ESRI's ArcSDE software. Preferences will be given to those candidates that demonstrate using SQL Server in conjunction with ArcSDE though experience with other relational database systems is acceptable.
· Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 2 years managing data in ESRI Portal for ArcGIS and/or ArcGIS Online for Organizations.
· Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 2 years developing, maintaining, and customizing a Sharepoint site. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in Sharepoint Online.
· Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 2 years creating and validating metadata to meet specified standards. Preference will be given to those candidates that demonstrate working with FDGC metadata standards.
· Demonstrate professional knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial data management by providing a minimum of 1 specific work example
· Demonstrate professional knowledge in applying geospatial technologies to address natural resource and/or land management business requirements by providing a minimum of 1 specific work example
· Demonstrate ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and geospatial technical experts alike
· Demonstrate knowledge working with variety of geospatial datasets from sources within and external to the federal government. Applicant should highlight in narrative the range of data sources they have worked with in the past.
· Demonstrate the ability to maintain a data catalog, or curate and facilitate discovery of project related data. Preference will be given to those candidates that demonstrate experience of greater than 1 year working with ESRI Geoportal Server metadata catalogs.
All job offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?