Job: Federal Geospatial Accounts Manager - Remote, GeoSearch, Inc., Remote, DC
Federal Geospatial Accounts Manager - Remote
Remote, DC 99999 United States
Washington, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Wyoming, Mississippi, Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Colorado, District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont
Remote Sensing Sales/Marketing
As a member of the Business Development Team, you will work collaboratively to develop business and sell services to non-defense, Federal government agencies, academic institutions, non-government organizations (NGOs), and Tribal organizations. In collaboration with, and under the guidance of, a senior account manager, you will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of strategies that meet our Federal Programs business development objectives, including a focus on existing and burgeoning geospatial programs and associated contracting mechanisms/vehicles. When executing these strategies you will utilize your professional network and experience to work with existing clients and to identify new clients, in securing new geospatial business opportunities.
• Support the identification, tracking, and pursuit of business opportunities that lead to new order intake (NOI) and increased sales, within the Federal Practice Area.
• Support business development activities including, but not limited to, representing the company in client meetings, trade shows and conferences, and by fostering the development of long-term relationships with new and sustained clients, as well as partner companies.
• Build and sustain positive and effective working relationships with co-workers and clients during all phases of project lifecycles to ensure contracts are executed in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, client requirements, and sound business judgment.
• Support proposal development by contributing to technical writing/editing as necessary, and by analyzing RFP/RFI requirements to ensure submittal of responses are both compliant and timely.
• Promote and ensure client satisfaction on all assigned sales accounts.
Knowledge / Experience
• Knowledge / Experience with the pre-sales process and related management of geospatial data or technology solutions to clients, specifically with U.S. Federal/Civil agencies such as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and Department of Interior agencies (e.g., BIA, , BLM, BOEM, , USBR, NPS, USFWS, etc.), non-government organizations (NGOs), tribal organizations, and universities.
• College degree (bachelors or masters) in technical field.
• Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of a business.
• General understanding of remote sensing data acquisition technologies, enterprise-level GIS platforms, geospatial applications development, integrated geospatial solutions, and how they relate to Federal clients.
• Strong written communication skills and experience writing/compiling technical proposals.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to manage and prioritize activities.
• Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
• Ability to travel domestically (and possibly internationally) up to 25%.
• U.S. citizen.
• Degree in a geospatial field (e.g., remote sensing, GIS, photogrammetry, etc.), business administration, related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Master’s degree in a geospatial field (e.g., remote sensing, GIS, photogrammetry, etc.), business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Technical experience working with aerial/satellite and/or acoustic remotely sensed data (e.g., optical, topographic and/or bathymetric LiDAR; hyperspectral, thermal, multibeam/single beam/side-scan sonar; radar, etc.).
• General knowledge of spatial analysis and problem solving.
• Results-oriented; ability to write and craft smart, attainable, realistic, time-driven goals with clear lead indicators.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?