Job: GIS Technician, GeoSearch, Inc., Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix, AZ 85001 United States
Geospatial Entry Level Technician
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
We are seeking a talented GIS / Geomatics Technician in Phoenix, AZ. This is a 6 month temporary position with a possible opportunity to extend an additional 6 months.
• Takes direction to perform GIS data gathering, digitizing, conversion, and analysis
• Applies cartographic standards to prepare maps and exhibits using GIS datasets
• Provides support to senior GIS staff
• This position requires limited travel. It is anticipated that there will be a minimum of 3 travel events within Arizona, California, and New Mexico.
• 2-4 years of experience working with ESRI 10.x software applications and extensions
• Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required Access preferred
o Bachelor’s degree OR Associates or GIS Certificate is preferred
o High school diploma is required
• Knowledge of shapefiles, geodatabases, and geospatial standards (SDSFIE)
• Knowledge of data projections and how to manipulate
• Demonstrated understanding of basic GIS concepts and methodologies such as drawing scale, spatial databases, spatial projections and coordinate systems, text and annotation placement, layer control, etc.
• Demonstrated understanding of cartographic methods
• Attention to detail, organized, customer focused
• Able to work in a team and multitask
• Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines when necessary
• Ability to track and report project progress for timesheet and budget reporting
• Working knowledge of ArcGIS Pro a plus
• Working knowledge of ArcGIS Online and Web Mapping services a plus
• Some field work will be required, accompany project teams to study areas and collect GPS data/locations
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?