Job: National Geospatial Tools Specialist, GeoSearch, Inc., Denver, CO
National Geospatial Tools Specialist
Denver, CO 80215 United States
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
We are looking for a Geospatial Tools Specialist to work in Lakewood, Colorado. This is a one year contract with the option to extend multiple years. The successful candidate will provide technical assistance in supporting enterprise GIS (EGIS). Specifically, the Geospatial Tools Specialist will design, configure, develop, maintain and optimize geospatial tools in the EGIS System that meets the needs of our client’s geospatial community.
- Study, understand and document the purpose, specific requirements, and desired outcomes for each program requiring the use of a EGIS geospatial tool.
- Design both web and/or desktop based geospatial tools for programs, meeting their specific requirements in addition to standardization to support following the organization’s required processes for security and data standards.
- Provide technical assistance to end users accessing and using geospatial tools.
- Coordinate the development, configuration and maintenance of the geospatial tools developed by other organization employees, including reuse and recycle of tool components and scripting logic and/or snippets.
- Provide trainings and/or agile sprint reviews of geospatial tools during development for user review and feedback as well as training on use of final products.
- Ensure the full documentation of each geospatial tool as needed including scripting, model, and workflow documentation as well as development of help files and user guides.
- Determine and communicate any needed geodatabase schema and/or web services needs to appropriate EGIS staff during the development of geospatial tools.
- Customize and/or extend the ArcGIS for Desktops using Python or .Net, including creating new Desktop add-ins for Citrix XenApp and Citrix XenDesktop Environments.
- Build and configure simple interactive web-maps and web-apps using existing COTS products such as ESRI ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS and Latitude Geographics Geocortex
- Provide technical support with Python scripting and the ArcPy site package for ArcGIS 10.3 or above.
- Assist in preparation of best practice documentation for the EGIS Tools, EGIS System, and EGIS Software.
- Help enforce National naming convention for ArcGIS for Server GIS services, filenames, and folders.
- Participate in monthly/weekly geospatial calls.
- Prepare weekly status reports.
- Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 5 years with ESRI’s ArcGIS for Desktop software. Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating at least 1 year of experience using ArcGIS 10.3 or higher.
- Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 2 years in the development and documentation of geospatial tools in a web or desktop environment.
- Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 1 year working in a multi-user, enterprise Geodatabase environment using ESRI’s Enterprise Geodatabase software. Preferences will be given to those candidates that demonstrate experience with Enterprise Geodatabase implemented in a SQL Server Environment.
- Demonstrate professional experience of greater than 1 year using ESRI Portal for ArcGIS and/or ArcGIS Online for Organizations. Preference will be given to those candidates that can demonstrate working with Web App Builder and Gallery Apps in ESRI Portal for ArcGIS and/or ArcGIS Online for Organizations.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge of technical problem solving skills related to geospatial software.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial data management.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge of concepts and principles of geospatial modeling and analysis.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge in applying geospatial technologies to address natural resource and/or land management business requirements.
- Demonstrate experience in developing written technical documentation (such as metadata, training materials, workflow diagrams, white papers, etc.).
- Demonstrate ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and geospatial technical experts alike.
- Preference will be given to those candidates that demonstrate professional experience of greater than 2 years with customizing and/or extending ArcGIS for Desktop using Python or JavaScipt, especially creating ArcGIS for Desktop add-in in Citrix Xenapp and Citrix XenDesktop Environment.
- Preference will be given to those candidates that demonstrate professional experience of greater than 2 years publishing geospatial data using ArcGIS for Server.
- Preference will be given to those candidates that demonstrate professional experience of greater than 1 year using Safe Software FME Desktop.
- Preference will be given to those candidates that demonstrate designing and developing Latitude Geographics Geocortex® sites, viewers, and workflows.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?