Job: Aerial Geomatics Technician - Field Operator, Terra Remote Sensing (USA) Inc., Bellevue, WA
Aerial Geomatics Technician - Field Operator
Bellevue, WA 98004 United States
Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
1400 112th Avenue SE, Sui
Salary will commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Aerial Systems Operator - Photographer
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
Remote Sensing Technician
Terra Remote Sensing Inc. is an international mapping company specializing in the acquisition, analyses, and production of spatial data. We offer world-class expertise in digital airborne mapping, hydrographic charting, marine geophysics, and geomatics support services.
Terra is seeking an experienced full-time Aerial Geomatics Technician – Field Operator to be part of the Aerial Field Survey Team and support our US project work. The Aerial Field Survey Team focuses primarily on LiDAR and aerial image data acquisition, GPS ground control, data validation, analysis as well as processing of results. This role is ideal for someone who resides in the Pacific Northwest United States, has a home office and is willing to travel for projects. Successful hire must be available for up to 3 months of initial training at the corporate office in Sidney, British Columbia.
• 1+ years of operator experience in data acquisition, surveying or/and mapping. Experience with remote sensing such as LiDAR, GPS, Orthophotography, INS surveying and/or processing are deemed assets.
• Undergraduate degree or related diploma in a related Geomatics curriculum. PLS certification is an asset.
• Ability to perform field survey operations in helicopter and/or small fixed-wing.
• Experience using processing software for the positioning of INS data.
• Willingness and ability to travel frequently and sometimes for long durations. The US, Canada and Latin America are frequent locales for projects.
• Experience with prioritization, multi-tasking, and troubleshooting independently while working in remote areas.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and aptitude for following process.
• A valid and clear criminal record check is required upon hire.
• Dual citizenship for US/Canada considered a significant asset.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?