Job: LiDAR Production Specialist, GeoSearch, Inc., Kiln, MS
GeoSearch, Inc. is immediately seeking a candidate to provide planning, implementation, supervision, and reporting of all QA/QC procedures for the Joint Airborne Lidar Bathymetry Technical Center of Expertise (JALBTCX) and similar programs and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as Primary QA/QC staff member for JALBTCX.
• Organize, calibrate, process, edit, and perform quality control of topographic Lidar, bathymetric Lidar, CASI, and RGB imagery
• Ensure that data accuracy and quality meet our client’s expectations as well as compliant with applicable project and industry standards.
• Coordinate daily with JALBTCX Operations Manager to identify the needs for resource allocation, scheduling, and quality management.
• Develop, document, and manage production and QA/QC procedures for topographic Lidar, bathymetric Lidar, CASI, and RGB imagery.
• QA/QC, production, and data issue tracking and reporting for our client, team members and JALBTCX staff, as necessary.
• Interface with and support field teams for problem resolution.
• Support any business development efforts. This may include scoping / project requirement meetings.
• Participate in continuous improvement to processes and quality management.
• Participate in staff development and training.
• Attend trade shows / conferences and client meetings as needed.
• Provide field processing support during surge and emergency response activities.
• Maintain coordination with corporate QC Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and abilities:
• Knowledge of computer applications and functions including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Ability to perform in a detail-oriented environment with a high level of accuracy.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, procedures, correspondences, and other written materials.
• Ability to meet project deadlines.
• Ability to work in a team environment and lead project teams.
• Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• 4+ years of production experience in processing lidar data, lidar derived products, and other types of terrain products
• Demonstrated, successful experience in a detail-oriented position dealing with point clouds.
• 2+ years of experience in a Quality Management role.
• 4+ years of experience processing lidar with the following software packages: Microstation, TerraSolid, LP360, GeoCue, Global Mapper, ArcGIS, LASTools, etc.
• Proven experience in bathymetric Lidar processing (CZMIL data experience a plus)
• Experience using software package PFMABE.
• Experience with software package SimActive Correlator3D
• Experience using ESRI, ERDAS and other geospatial software.
• Proven experience in leading teams to accomplish the overall objective of a program.