Job: GIS Analyst / Programmer, Mason, Bruce & Girard, San Ramon, CA
GIS Analyst / Programmer
San Ramon, CA 94582 United States
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
About the Position
MB&G is recruiting for multiple GIS analysts/programmers as well as mobile and online data management and development support staff. Work on this project would require proficiency in GIS including but not limited to GIS analysis and programming, data base management, python scripting, SQL, ArcGIS Online, and mobile data workflows. Work will be onsite at customer offices in San Ramon, California. Work is a full-time salaried position.
The successful applicant will perform the following tasks and responsibilities:
• GIS analysis: Use standard ArcGIS operations and scripted processes to manipulate and analyze geospatial data to support multi-resource analysis in support of planning
o Automation via Python and SQL programming
o Construct and maintain GIS databases.
o Data intake
o Preparation of mobile data schemas
o ArcGIS Online processes and data management
o Data quality control and editing
o Data analytics and reporting
o Interaction with field staff and project managers
o Understand and utilize metadata to document as well as determine appropriate use of data.
• Contribute to technical reports as required
• Demonstrate GIS products and/or train others in techniques.
• Responsible for accurate and timely deliverables and documentation for all projects.
• Responsible for client satisfaction and delivery of high-quality GIS products.
• Actively promotes MB&G as a premier provider of natural resource consulting services.
In order to excel at the GIS Analyst/Programmer position, you should possess the following skills, experience, and background:
• Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources related field. Master’s degree a plus.
• Work-related experience pertaining to GIS and natural resource and/or utilities management highly desired.
• Proficient with Esri’s ArcGIS software 10.3 or later.
• Ability to work effectively within the ArcGIS online environment
• Knowledge of GIS concepts and principles.
• GIS data modeling, analysis and database development skills.
• Intermediate knowledge of GIS data formats.
• Experience with mobile applications.
• Experience using Python, SQL
• Experience using Power BI, Web AppBuilder or other development tools, a plus.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic and team-oriented individual.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
• Client service oriented.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?