Job: PLS / Department Manager, GeoSearch, Inc., Flanders, NJ
PLS / Department Manager
Flanders, NJ 07836 United States
As a Land Surveyor / Department Manager, individual shall be responsible for all aspects of the survey process for various assignments and provide technical assistance/support as necessary. A strong work ethic and commitment to ensuring effective staff utilization and schedule coordination is essential for tracking day-to-day activities. Individual shall also oversee technicians performing technical tasks (drafting, modeling, field surveying, LiDAR scanning, etc.) required for the preparation of drawings, maps, descriptions, etc.; does other related duties as required. Must be proficient and knowledgeable of problems in and procedures required to be performed in accordance with NJAC and NJSA, and can efficiently and effectively solve various problems. Must have the ability to organize assigned work and develop effective work methods.
Examples of work/duties:
– Identify future business opportunities and assist with proposal preparation including cost estimates.
– Coordinate and maintain effective department staff utilization.
– Effectively communicate weekly scheduled assignments to ensure process is properly implemented.
– Client coordination and communication; be accessible and responsive to client needs.
– Continue to establish efficient work procedures that ensure high quality results.
– Maintain organized work related records and files.
– Perform QA/QC reviews and final preparation of all survey deliverables.
– Provide ongoing training and professional development of department team.
– Financial management of all assigned projects including invoice review/approval and collections.
– Attend business events and work functions from time to time.
Requirements (education, licensing, certifications, etc.):
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Land Surveying, and/or Engineering Technologies preferred.
– Possess a valid Professional Land Surveyor license (NJ – preferred).
– Minimum 8 years of experience in Land Surveying field.
– Excellent computer skills.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe/Bluebeam, AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D
– Proficient in one of the following:
* Deltek Vision;
* ESRI ArcGIS, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcOnline, ArcTools;
* Trimble Business Center, GPS Pathfinder, Realworks, Sketchup;
* 3DR Site Scan, FARO Scene, Leica Cyclone or equivalent.
– Ability to successfully manage tight deadlines and multitask.
– Read, analyze, and interpret engineering/surveying drawings and documents.
– Possess excellent communication and listening skills.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?