Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Vermont, Washington, Wyoming, Virginia, Illinois, Arkansas, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Hawaii, Mississippi, Alabama, Missouri, Alaska, Delaware, Colorado, New York, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Utah, West Virginia, California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Arizona, Kentucky, Florida
We are looking for an optimistic and self-starting person who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. This candidate should be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, able to work independently with little or no supervision. They must be well organized, flexible and looking forward to the administrative challenges of supporting an office in its early stages.
As an Office Manager, you will be responsible for the administrative function in our US business. We’re looking for a highly organized and efficient professional with administrative experience and a solid understanding of projects, contracts and finance. We want someone who is capable and comfortable making changes to improve our office’s efficiency and productivity metrics.
You will work in a team environment and will collaborate with project managers and field crews in overseeing and managing their assigned projects. Key to the position is the ability to handle multiple tasks at once. The candidate must be skilled at anticipating problems, creating contingency plans, managing multiple priorities, problem solving and organizing logistics.
• General Administrative duties
• Maintain & prepare financial database including project costing and invoicing.
• Assist in developing budgets
• Assist in managing, updating, and processing contract paperwork
• Gather and organize commercial documents, obtain necessary approvals & manage transactions in financial software
• Co-ordinate Purchasing Orders and track equipment
• Support Business Development members and Project managers during the project life cycle, while ensuring open communication between departments
• Organize company training and co-ordinate travel
• Manage shipping and receiving etc. Fedex and deliveries
• Liaison with Finance, Project Managers or other admin team members
• A sense of urgency and self-motivation are essential
• Ability to adapt to changing and competing demands
• Strong attention to detail and time management skills
• Positive, proactive, very detail oriented and driven to succeed
• Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
• Clear and professional communication both written and verbal, at multiple levels and with diverse internal and external audiences.
• Ability to handle highly confidential information
• Ability to extract and compile data into reports
• Ability to handle administrative details independently, while exercising good judgment in keeping team members adequately informed
• Strong computer and quantitative skills
Desired Experience and Education:
• Proven 3-5 years administrative experience required
• Prior demonstrated success in managing office administration function
• Prior experience in supporting engineering or construction organization
• Proven experience in contract and finance administration
• Post Secondary School - preferred
• Extremely proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Experience with Zoom, Quickbooks, expense reporting software such as Zoho (considered an asset)