Job: Senior Geospatial Analyst, GeoSearch, Inc., Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
We're looking for a Geospatial Analyst who will be responsible for performing GEOINT geospatial data creation, analysis and processing tasks relating to the development of GIS databases, the compilation of geospatial data required for multiple-scale map, and database production.
Location - Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, working onsite at client location. Must be a U.S. Citizen and be eligible to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure geospatial products are in compliance with applicable specification
- Construct spatial databases and apply attribution as needed
- Edit spatial and tabular data
- Perform geospatial training
- Create functional GIS models using both raster and vector data
- Establish complex relational database joins and queries using ArcGIS and other commercially available software
- Identify new processes and procedures within a project
- Work with Technical Lead on developing new or updated SOPS
- Produce professional quality maps and tabular outputs for presentations
- Responsible for creating orthophotos and image processing to meet customer specifications and deadlines
- May require GPS field work to develop ground control in support of aerial imagery or LiDAR projects
- Adhere to quality control procedures
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with the NAVFAC GeoReadiness Program is desirable including SDE, SDSFIE, FIAR, Navy Data Collection Guide, iNFADS and Common Installation Picture (CIP)
- Technical expertise in the areas of Geography, Photogrammetry, Cartography, Imagery Analysis, GIS, Surveying and Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of federal government (NGA, AGC, NAVFAC, USACE, etc) spatial data products and services
- Knowledge of commonly applied standards including but not limited to ASPRS and FGDC
- Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet project deadlines
- Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. GIS, Geography, or Civil Engineering degree preferred.
Experience with ESRI, Microstation, Intergraph, AutoCAD and related software preferred.