Job: Team Lead - Transportation Engineering, GeoSearch, Inc., Salt Lake City, UT
GeoSearch, Inc. is actively recruiting for a Transportation Project Manager/Team Leader for our client in the Salt Lake City area. Qualified candidates will have proven leadership ability and a desire to re-shape, develop and grow the design team. The successful candidate will be well versed in transportation systems design and possess project management experience with the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) and local entities throughout the state of Utah.
The Transportation Project Manager/Team Leader role will require mentoring young engineers and engineering interns, leading more experienced engineers and designers, and developing an efficient engineering team. Project planning, workload distribution and effective communication will be required.
This entrepreneurial individual will provide engineering and project management expertise on highway projects including roadway studies and design, drainage and utility systems, preparation of construction documents, cost estimates, project scheduling, and overall project management. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively and communicate regularly with municipal clients; federal, state and local agencies. This position offers exciting challenges and opportunities for managing all activities related to project scope, schedule, cost, quality, communications, and resources; mentoring young staff engineers, assisting in transportation market business development and participating in professional organizations and technical committees.
Essential Duties Include:
• Acts as project manager on assigned projects. Responsible to close projects as they are completed.
• Assigns duties to team members for projects and supervises daily work activities.
• Responsible for establishing time and hour budgets for projects, and meeting those budgets on the projects he, or she, personally manages.
• Responsible for technical accuracy of projects managed.
• Knowledgeable in MicroStation and AutoCAD
• Knows or is familiar with DOT, AASHTO, APWA and MUTCD standards.
• Identifies prospective clients and projects.
• Prepares proposals.
• Maintains good relationship with client during and after project is finished.
• Participates in weekly management meetings.
• Participates in marketing meetings.
• Responsible for supervision of team members.
• Participates in seeking new team employee talent.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering
- 10 to 15 years of progressively more responsible work in transportation engineering
- Utah Professional Engineer (PE) license or the ability to obtain such license within 6 months required
- Established relationships with key clients including UDOT
- Demonstrated capabilities and success in managing medium to large multi-disciplined projects, multi-office projects, and/or multiple projects.
- Proven leadership, communication, mentoring and client liaison skills
- Experience in preparing technical approaches and work plans (write ups) to support RFQ’s and technical proposals.
- Business acumen including negotiation skills.