Job: Entry-level Geospatial Analyst (REMOTE in Athens, AL or St. Louis, MO), GeoSearch, Inc., Remote, MO
We are looking for multiple entry-level and experienced Geospatial Analysts to join our team supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)’s Janus programs. A Geospatial Analyst is responsible for performing geospatial data creation, analysis and processing tasks relating to the development of GIS databases, the compilation of geospatial data required for multiple-scale map, and database production. Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review, interpret, and execute established production guidance and processes across multiple geospatial products under the supervision of the Technical Lead.
• Construct spatial datasets and apply tabular attribution information using ArcGIS or similar software.
• Identify new technical processes and procedures for performing Foundation Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) production work including feature extraction, conflation, and scaling.
• Ensure geospatial products comply with applicable specifications and adhere to all quality control and assurance procedures.
• Ensure assignment deadlines are met, efficiencies are maintained, and issues are quickly identified and addressed.
• May require infrequent to periodic travel or field work.
• Demonstrable personal interest in the areas of geography, GIS, GEOINT, LiDAR, photogrammetry, cartography, imagery analysis, remote sensing or surveying.
• Completion of directly applicable military training or a post-secondary curriculum with a minimum of two years participation.
• Experience extracting, manipulating, and exploiting spatial datasets using ArcGIS (v10.x).
• Current/Active DoD security clearance or the ability to obtain one upon employment.
• Local to Athens, AL or St. Louis, MO or willing to relocate.
• One or more years of experience supporting NGA’s Janus or GEOINT Data Services programs.
• Experience with common Foundation GEOINT products and schemas including but not limited to TDS, MGCP, AFD, AAFIF, GeoNames/GNDB, and VO/DVOF.
• Experience with product assembly (hard copy) methods and processes including the creation of TLM, MTM, JOG, and TPC.
• Experience developing automated scripts, tools or programs with common programming languages including but not limited to Python, SQL, Java, C#, and Visual Basic.
• Knowledge of programs of other federal agencies including but not limited to AGC, NAVFAC, USACE, and USGS.
• Certification from an accredited professional society or organization.