Job: Geospatial Technical Lead (REMOTE in Athens, AL or St. Louis, MO), GeoSearch, Inc., Remote, MO
Geospatial Technical Lead (REMOTE in Athens, AL or St. Louis, MO)
Remote, MO 99999 United States
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
We are looking for an experienced and innovative Technical Lead to make an immediate impact on our team supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)’s Janus programs. A Technical Lead is responsible for coordinating Foundation Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) tasks including data collection, compilation, manipulation, and exploitation relating to the development of geospatial datasets required for modeling and creation of multiple-scale map products. Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review, interpret, and execute established production guidance and processes across multiple geospatial products with minimal supervision.
• Develop and update technical processes, procedures, and supporting quality documentation for performing Foundation GEOINT production work including feature extraction, conflation, and scaling.
• Ensure geospatial products comply with applicable specifications and adhere to quality control and assurance procedures.
• Provide general production oversight and technical support for a medium to large-sized team.
• Work closely with Project Managers to ensure project deadlines are met, efficiencies are maintained, and issues are quickly identified and addressed.
• Work closely with the Quality Manager to ensure all QMS metrics are properly gathered and actively support continual improvement initiatives.
• Assist in the generation of technical proposals and cost estimates.
• May require infrequent to periodic travel or field work.
• May require management of up to 15 direct reports.
• Three or more years of experience supporting NGA’s Janus or GEOINT Data Services (GDS) programs.
• Experience with common Foundation GEOINT products and schemas including but not limited to TDS, MGCP, AFD, AAFIF, GeoNames/GNDB, and VO/DVOF.
• Experience extracting, manipulating, and exploiting spatial datasets using ArcGIS (v10.x).
• Experience compiling, reviewing, and reconciling data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
• Current/Active DoD security clearance or the ability to obtain one upon employment.
• Local to Athens, AL or St. Louis, MO or willing to relocate.
• Experience developing automated scripts, tools or programs with common programming languages including but not limited to Python, SQL, Java, C#, and Visual Basic.
• Experience with product assembly (hard copy) methods and processes including the creation of TLM, MTM, JOG, and TPC.
• Knowledge of programs of other federal agencies including but not limited to AGC, NAVFAC, USACE, and USGS.
• Certification from an accredited professional society or organization.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?