Job: Project Manager (Professional Engineer), GeoSearch, Inc., Flanders OR Hackensack, NJ
Project Manager (Professional Engineer)
Flanders OR Hackensack, NJ 99999 United States
GeoSearch is actively seeking a Civil Engineering Project Manager in Flanders or Hackensack, New Jersey. This will be a flexible position offering a mix of work-from-home and in-office work.
The candidate should maintain a Professional Engineer’s (PE) License in the United States (preferably New Jersey) with 10 plus years of experience, involving concept and detailed design, planning, specifications, QA/QC, regulatory
approvals, general management and supervisory responsibility in the Civil Engineering industry. Experience in the preparation and review of private development applications, Municipal Zoning Code, Residential Site Improvement Standards (RSIS) and NJDEP Permitting Requirements. Must have the ability to organize assigned work and develop effective work methods. Responsible for the scheduling and management of a project team in support of the project’s profitable operation.
The candidate should also:
• Have at least 5 years as Project Manager, with a proven track-record of successfully supervising and guiding project teams on various engineering related projects with an established client following
• Clearly demonstrate strong engineering competence, interpersonal/team building and leadership skills
• Have a thorough knowledge of industry practices, software, codes and standards
• Have experience with diverse clients such as public, private, municipal, utility and authorities
• Have experienced in administering public meetings
• Have experience in proposal preparation
• Have familiarity with State and Local Regulations
Examples of work / duties:
• Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Services as primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to successful completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
• Performs technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specifications and plan preparation to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
• Coordinates work efforts and reviews of work performed by project team. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
• Stays informed of developments and requirements affecting the organization and projects and relays the same to project team and client promptly.
• Develops project scope and fee proposal and assists in the organization and preparation of proposals and contracts.
• Zoning Analysis
• Concept and Site Plan Preparation
• Technical Report Writing
• Site Grading and Stormwater Modeling
• Land Development Permitting
• Construction Support
• Shop Drawing Review
• Project and Budget Management
• Teamwork and Leadership
• Time Management and Organization
Requirements (education, licensing, certifications, etc.):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• 10 + years of related experience
• Licensed PE
• Proficient in the following: AutoCad, Civil3D, Storm Sewers, Hydrographs,SiteOps, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office, Microstation, StormCad, WaterCad
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?