Job: Transportation Engineer (EIT/PE), GeoSearch, Inc., Salt Lake City, UT
Transportation Engineer (EIT/PE)
Salt Lake City, UT 84123 United States
GeoSearch, Inc. is actively recruiting for a Transportation Engineer. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and be working toward their engineering license in the state of Utah.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets.
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for projects
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Serves as project engineer on projects
- Coordinates and approves pricing, estimating, scoping, and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Attends client meetings - days or nights.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design projects.
- Directs draftspersons/technicians to convert designs to working drawings.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
Ideally the candidate will bring 4-6 years of experience, knowledge of the Transportation industry and technology trends, including all aspects of roadway systems and roadway design. Knowledge of DOT standards.
We are seeking candidates who have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be capable of working efficiently with clients, contractors, regulatory agencies, and internal staff. Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation preferred and is a plus.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?