Job: Geospatial Technical Support Specialist, GeoSearch, Inc., Albany, NY
Geospatial Technical Support Specialist
Albany, NY 12205 United States
Geospatial Mid Level Specialist
We are a growing firm dedicated to providing our customers with the latest available GNSS and Optical/Robotic Surveying and Mapping/GIS technology through product sales, rentals, training, technical support and related consulting services. Our company is primarily engaged as a regional distributor for Trimble, Inc., a worldwide leader in the Geospatial industry, and our principal sales territory encompasses all of New York and New England along with parts of New Jersey.
We are seeking a qualified professional to work with us as a Geospatial Technical Support Representative, a key position which is intended to help fuel the significant growth of our business over the next 2-3 years and beyond. In this position, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of business activities related to our Trimble Survey and MGIS product sales, equipment rental, training, and other services we offer based on Trimble
GNSS, Optical/Robotic Total Stations, 3D Laser Scanners and related surveying technologies.
· Troubleshooting customer technical support issues and coordinating our "Enhanced Technical Support
Plans” for Trimble Survey Customers
· Meeting with prospective and established customers and performing on-site product demonstrations and
installation services for Trimble Survey and Mapping/GIS Systems
· Developing customized training agendas and providing training services for survey customers
· Networking with other geospatial dealers, vendors and various specialists in the geospatial industry as needed to follow product trends, customer needs and various applications for Trimble Surveying and Mapping/GIS systems
· Updating and maintaining our product registration system (“My Trimble Protected” database) and communicating with customers regarding hardware warranty and software maintenance expiration dates
· Working with customers to renew expiring warranties and software maintenance plans
· Processing service work orders and defective product replacement (DPR) requests through Trimble’s
Dealer Support Services online portal
· Developing and maintaining a library of tech tips and other support resources related to Trimble Survey systems
· Attending and exhibiting at specific industry trade shows and conferences
· Providing general support for other survey sales and marketing initiatives including e-mail marketing campaigns; seminars; print advertising and website updates
The ideal candidate for this position will be a self-motivated professional with a broad range of experience in the surveying and GIS fields, with an emphasis on technical applications and workflows used by field and office professionals working in these fields. A strong background in information technology and data management is also essential. A bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a related position and field is required. Relevant experience in the geospatial industry and existing knowledge of Trimble products and solutions is preferred but not explicitly required. What we are most interested in is an individual with strong technical skills, who collaborates well with others, and who has the ability to solve problems and resolve the types of issues that our customers typically encounter so that they can extract the maximum value from the Trimble hardware, software and related products that we sell.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?