Job: Production Manager, GeoSearch, Inc., McDonough, GA
COMPANY is a full service geospatial firm specializing in the acquisition of Aerial LiDAR and Imagery and the generation of high quality mapping products.
We are currently looking to fill a GeoSpatial Production Manager position immediately. Through collaboration with Project Managers, the successful candidate will be expected to work at a high level in the production of a range of geospatial data production projects.
• Manage staff of LIDAR and photogrammetry personnel (6-8 employees) and oversee scheduling and technical aspects involved in producing a wide range of geospatial products derived from LiDAR and Imagery
• Responsible for ensuring final products meet or exceed project accuracy requirements
• Responsible for training of new employees, including recommendations for external training
• Daily tasks include a mixture of GNSS/IMU post-processing, LiDAR calibration, LiDAR classification, orthoimagery production, GIS support, planimetric mapping, PLS-CADD models, etc
• Lead research and development activities, primarily consisting of developing custom workflows and automation to streamline production
• Recommend software/hardware purchases
• Communicate with in-house Project Managers and/or directly with clients
• Provide input in hiring of new employees
• Minimum of 5 years experience dealing directly with personnel management and Production Management
• Requires advanced experience in TerraSolid, PosPac, and CADD programs (primarily AutoCad and MicroStation) in producing high quality digital mapping products.
• Experience in PLS-CADD and ENVI a plus.
• Professional certifications/licenses a plus